Curing is the process of removing any moisture within your pizza oven. This step is vital in the longevity of your oven and should not be ignored. Even though your oven may appear to be dry, small amounts of moisture still remain within the stones and cooking area. This water will need to be evaporated before cooking at extremely high temperatures.
Here are Ciao Bella’s recommendations in curing your brand new Pizza Oven:
• Start a fire gradually – when you’re lighting the first fire, remember to keep the flames contained and slowly grow the fire. This helps the moisture release from the oven and surrounding shell.
• Centre the heat source – make sure to keep the fire in the middle of the ovens cooking area.
• Avoid large fires during the curing process.
• Keep your oven as close to 300°F as possible during the first cure for 1 hour or until the fire burns out.
• On the second cure, bring the ovens temperature to 500°F and let the fire burn for 1 hour or until it completely burns out.
Here is the break down of the curing process:
Cure 1 – 300°F for 1 hour or until fire burns out
Cure 2 – 500°F for 1 hour or until fire burns out
Congrats! You are ready to start making pizzas!
Visit our products page to select your oven and add to your cart. The website will detail shipping costs or the option to pick up your pizza oven from our distribution centre.
We’re proud to offer next day pick up availability after you’ve placed your order. Should your desired pizza oven be temporarily out of stock, you will have the option to pre-order your oven, which will determine an estimated date for shipping.
The cover is recommended as it provides an additional layer of protection for the investment of your pizza oven. During the warmer months, the cover is not necessary, however during the winter it helps prevent snow and ice accumulation.
If you can brave the cold, absolutely! Our pizza ovens are rated to withstand temperatures of -30°C, and are suitable to be stored outside during the winter.
The colour change is normal and will happen over time with use of your pizza oven. For functionality, the oven door and chimney stack are not insulated, but continued use will.
The accessory brush is perfect to clear any embers and ashes from your stones. You do not need to use water or soap to the interior of the pizza oven to clean it.
If you notice your cooking stones begin to change colour, heat the oven to 650°F degrees, and let it cool. The cooking stones will return to normal colouring.
Once your oven has reached cool down phase, it is recommended to use a stainless steel cleaner to return the oven to its original shine.
Warranty update as of September 24th, 2022. The PRIMO model will offer a manufacturer defect limited warranty. The QUATTRO model will offer a full year warranty against manufacturer defects. All other accessories will continue to carry a 30 Day warranty. We stand by the quality & durability of our products, and we will continue to do so after the sale. Should you ever have a problem with your oven within the warranty period, please let us know using our contact page. We will work to resolve any issue(s) that are a result of manufacturing defect.
Unfortunately, because of the fragile nature of the stones, we do not offer a warranty on the stones. However, should your oven arrive with a damaged stone, please contact us immediately.
The warranty does not cover the following items:
• damage as result of shipment or transporting that has not been highlighted in the bill of lading at the time of receiving of the oven
• damage as result of negligent unpacking of the oven
• damage as result of the oven being improperly assembled or installed
• damage as result of heating the oven beyond the max temperature rating of 800°F
• damage as result of using combustible material other than wood to light fires in the oven
• damage or corrosion as result of exposure to the elements and/or chemicals
Warranty will be invalidated if Product is not correctly installed, cured, operated, and maintained according to all supplied instructions.
Our customer’s satisfaction is our number one priority. Customers returning non-open boxed items will be charged a 20% restocking fee and freight charges roundtrip. Please contact us for return authorization. Items returned without return authorization will not be accepted or eligible for refund. Kindly email our sales department to authorize an approved return.
Refunds for returned items are issued within 7 business days of the item’s arrival at our distribution centre. Once the returned items pass inspection for damage and use, the refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment. You will receive an email notifying that the refund has been issued.